Financial Planning, Wealth & Tax Advisory

Tax Rules for Bond Investors

Each year, bondholders receive IRS tax Form 1099-INT or Form 1099-OID to report their annual taxable interest income when filing tax returns. This document offers guidelines for declaring tax on income generated from interest and bond taxation rules for government, corporate, and municipal bonds vary.